10-in-10: 10 questions, 10 words to answer.
What does happiness mean to you? What makes you happy? Why is it important? What gets in the way of your happiness?
For this 10/10 interview, we had a chat with Jessica Rios Habib. Jessica is a Clinical Psychologist at The American Wellness Center that specialises in child, adolescent and family psychology, giving her an expert view on one of the most important aspects of our lives.
1. What does happiness mean to you?
Family, friends, children, passion about work, a home and life balance!
2. What makes you happy?
Appreciating the things that enrich my life.
3. What gets in the way of your happiness?
Stress about the lack of time to do more
4. Why is happiness important to you?
It’s fulfilling to the soul, the path to self-actualization.
5. How does happiness affect relationships?
You can spread positivity through your own happiness.
6. What role does happiness play in success?
True happiness is success!
7. What role does happiness play in health?
Everything — it improves both physical and mental well-being.
8. Why did you pick your activity at the happiness festival?
Contributing to kids’ and families’ well-being makes me happy.
9. What one thing would you want your attendees to take away from your activity?
We have so much more room to grow in life.
10. What one piece of advice would you tell someone to improve his or her happiness?
Notice what you already have and feel thankful. Everyday.
JESSICA’S TOP TIP
People who think optimistically see the world as a place packed with opportunity — which it is! Cultivate optimism in your life with something as simple as taking the time to write a piece about your ideal self. Imagine everything is going perfectly for you… Then ask yourself who that person is and how you get to meet them!