10-in-10: 10 questions, 10 words to answer.
What does happiness mean to you? What makes you happy? Why is it important? What gets in the way of your happiness?
In the first instalment of our “10-in-10” series of micro-interviews, we asked Dr. Marie Thompson a UK-trained, experienced Senior Clinical Psychologist currently working at Lifeworks Holistic Counselling Centre, a few questions on the importance of happiness to her, in relationships, at work and for health.
1. What does happiness mean to you?
Being content within oneself. Not chasing it externally.
2. What makes you happy?
The basics: safety, security, being with the right people.
3. What gets in the way of your happiness?
Poor sleep and not enough me time
4. Why is happiness important to you?
It affects everything!
5. How does happiness affect relationships?
Makes you better to be around and have more to give.
6. What role does happiness play in success?
Helps you believe you can achieve.
7. What role does happiness play in health?
Happy hormones in the brain affect the immune system.
8. Why did you pick your activity at the happiness festival?
To convey we already have resources to cope with challenges.
9. What one thing would you want your attendees to take away from your activity?
You are resourceful.
10. What one piece of advice would you tell someone to improve his or her happiness?
Find it within now, don’t assume you’ll be happy when…